This association was founded by police officers to support police officers. The ITEA is here to provide you with the resources you need to practice truck enforcement in the most professional way possible. So many other specialty areas of police work have their own groups for this purpose, and we are here to provide that service to the truck enforcement officers of Illinois. Whether you are new to truck enforcement, or have been practicing for awhile, you already know the difficulties that come along with the assignment. You realize the need for access to other truck enforcement officers. You have found yourself in situations with no clear line for enforcement, and do not want to make a poor decision. Much like field training after the police academy, you have learned the textbook is not always applicable on the street. It has happened to all of us, and our goal is to minimize the confusion so you can do your job to the best of your abilities.
- Must submit an application for membership along with the annual dues.
- Annual dues: $25 – single officer / $100 – police department (8 total officers)
- Must be a certified police officer, full-time or part-time, in good standing with the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board, or
- A retired police officer meeting the requirements established by the Illinois Administrative Code, Title 20, Chapter V, Part 1720.240.
- Must have successfully completed an ILETSB approved basic truck enforcement training class.
- Must agree to follow the by-laws of the Illinois Truck Enforcement Association.
- online discussion forum to post questions and download resource documents
- access to 40 Standards of Practice written by our membership with input and review from State regulatory agencies
- free transport of your portable scales to Springfield for annual certification…saving your agency hundreds of dollars each year
- free ITEA certification on an annual basis
- free 24/7 phone support for answers to enforcement problems
- free mobile access to all our resources for iPhone, Droid, Windows, and other OS platforms
- free webpage and online solutions for your local oversize/overweight permit information
- free webspace and advertising for benevolent activities sponsored by your officers and police department
- preferred pricing and opportunity to our annual truck officer conference
- first look at other training opportunities hosted and sponsored by the ITEA
- discounts on portable scales through a suburban scale dealer